Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to login to 5.0.4 server after upgrade

I upgraded OSX server to version 5.0.4 on a mini running 10.10 using the standard app store method. After the upgrade Server starts and displays the usual "Choose a Mac" screen. I select the mini and am prompted for an administrator login. However, my system admin credentials no longer work. I'm presented with a dialog box stating: "This user is not permitted to administer this server. Make this user an administrator on the server and try again.". The default admin credentials are filled in from keychain, and I only had one administrative account set. Restarting the server doesn't yield a different result. The server admin is the same as the OS X admin and I'm successful using it to administer OS X.

Without an other admin login, there's not much I can do to bring up the server dialog.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 6:32 AM

I was running into a similar issue after the update. I restarted the Mac Mini and was able to login using all of my administrative logins.

4 replies

Oct 7, 2015 7:30 AM in response to jacobfoard

Have you tried this knowledge base article:

OS X Server: How to reset the Open Directory administrator password - Apple Support

Otherwise, trash the server.app, wait for the notification that services have stopped. Go to the AppStore, redownload the server.app and try again.

Did you enable the root account? Can you try with those credentials?

Enabling and using the "root" user in OS X - Apple Support

Goodluck

Jeffrey

Unable to login to 5.0.4 server after upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.