Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad2 is so slow I can't type

my iPad 2 is so slow I can't type and it constantly freezes. I have reset it by swiping to off and be pressing the home button and and button on the right side till I get the apple logo and screen goes black. This happens in mail and all apps.

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 7:25 PM

5 replies

Oct 4, 2015 6:53 AM in response to Endorfins

A few things you can try:

Open Settings->General->Reset->Reset Keyboard Dictionary

You could also Reset All Settings but you will have to set your wallpaper again, log back into any wifi network(s) etc but won't lose any data.

Settings->Safari->Clear History & Website Data

Turn off Safari in iCloud Then turn back on.

SIgn out of iCloud on your device then sign back in.

To free up some space:

Settings->General->Storage & iCloud Usage->Storage->Manage Storage...

Any apps like Facebook, Spotify & Twitter build up a cache over time & the only way to remove it is by deleting & reinstalling the apps. A bit of a pain but it can make a huge difference,

As far as your email, you might want to try removing the email account from your iPad then re-adding it.

I am running iOS 9.02 on my iPad 2. I have also sometimes experience lag when typing but for me, it is almost always related to iCloud. Since many apps are now tied to iCloud & sync between devices almost instantly, this can cause a lag in typing when there is an issue with iCloud. At least that's the case for me,

My ipad2 is so slow I can't type

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.