Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new iPhone 6S is overheating and battery doesn't last. Battery lasted longer on my iPhone 5C than the 6S, what gives?

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm just scrolling my newsfeed on FB with a wifi connection. I already know of all the tricks to lower battery consumption. I've owned iPhones for a long time. I just got this phone 4 days ago and my battery was at 20% and within 5 min dropped to 4% All the while it is still pretty hot while in my hand, I'm worried of this thing overheating, what gives?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 7:57 PM

7 replies

Oct 2, 2015 8:13 PM in response to jasonthompsonson

Just scrolling on Facebook shouldn't discharge the battery and cause overheating.

iPhone Return Policy

If you are not fully satisfied with your iPhone purchase, you can return your undamaged iPhone to the Apple Online Store (1-800-MY-APPLE) or to a U.S. Apple Store. Review the Returns & Refunds section of online Help for more information.

Oct 3, 2015 3:51 PM in response to jasonthompsonson

jasonthompsonson wrote:

the overheating gets worse with watching videos and the hotter it gets the quicker the battery gets used up. I don't even have a case on this thing. This couldnt be a software problem? I really don't want to go through the hassle of getting this phone exchanged, I'd much rather download an update or something.

It sounds very much like a hardware problem, probably a defective battery. Take it back.

Oct 3, 2015 4:52 PM in response to Rysz

I Have the same issue with my iPhone 6s my 5c lasts a lot longer than the iPhone 6s. I tested them my new one went off way before my 5c. Ive had it since 25th September so it should of sorted itself out now. I'm regretting getting it. I got it because it has more memory than my 5c. Got it from o2.

ddon't know what to do. I can't go round with a charger all the time. They said this one would hold more battery than the old ones. It doesn't.

Oct 3, 2015 5:13 PM in response to nicreb24

nicreb24 wrote:

I Have the same issue with my iPhone 6s my 5c lasts a lot longer than the iPhone 6s. I tested them my new one went off way before my 5c. Ive had it since 25th September so it should of sorted itself out now. I'm regretting getting it. I got it because it has more memory than my 5c. Got it from o2.

ddon't know what to do. I can't go round with a charger all the time. They said this one would hold more battery than the old ones. It doesn't.

What the OP is describing sounds like a defective battery. It won't "sort itself out". Take it back while you're still in the return period.

Brand new iPhone 6S is overheating and battery doesn't last. Battery lasted longer on my iPhone 5C than the 6S, what gives?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.