Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID approving family share apps

Touch ID stopped working for approving apps in Family Sharing for my kids. I am now required to input my password every time they want an app. Please restore the function or give me a solution to resolve this issue. I am running iphone 6s Plus on 9.0.2.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 7:30 PM

11 replies

Oct 27, 2015 10:51 AM in response to mrpeepers

mrpeeters, what exactly are you "not buying?" Are you doubting that they'll fix it, or doubting that it's broken? When you say you're "working with a support person...for a couple weeks now" does that mean you've been able to actually get this particular thing to start working for you? I'm unclear as to what message you're tying to get across with your reply.

Jan 4, 2016 2:39 AM in response to oheenalu

It's not a disabled feature but a bug.
If you have multiple approvers (like my wife and I), then you can confirm that the issue only occurs if you *cancel* the Touch ID approval even just once.
From that point forward, it will only asks you for a password, never Touch ID anymore. But for my wife, it still works. So it's a bug.

You must go to the following link: Contact Apple Support

Select iPhone, then iTunes/App store, then "This is not listed", then select email or chat/phone and enter "Touch ID no longer prompted to approve family purchase".
They might tell you to reset all settings and/or restore the device but none of that works.
Then they will escalate to Level 2 support as a bug. If we all do this, then it'll get fixed in the next iOS update.

Please pass the word around.

Touch ID approving family share apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.