Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where's my music gone to?

Now the the Apple music trial is over, at least half of my music is no longer on my phone. I've turned off Apple Music in settings, but have not seen any of my previously downloaded content.

ANyone else experiencing this? Any solutions other than hauling out the laptop, paying $25 for iCloud music or a restore?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2015 10:04 PM

7 replies

Oct 2, 2015 10:17 PM in response to Squirrelyorkies

First do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it comes up. You will not lose anything.

Then go to your Music App and at the top there should be a drop down menu that will show the display (either Artists, Albums, Songs, Genres, etc.). Click it and on the drop down at the bottom make sure "Only Offline Music' is set to OFF. See if that works...

Manage your Apple Music membership - Apple Support

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/apple/how-cancel-your-apple-music-free-trial-st op-apple-auto-renewing-your-subscription…

Oct 3, 2015 10:40 AM in response to elcpu

TThank you for the response.

I'd already performed multiple reboots and had the offline only feature engaged.

PRoblem is, before this new music feature, I had 400+ Bowie songs on my phone. Now I have 44.

I had connected to iTunes on my laptop and put them on there.

I have iCloud music library engaged - when I opted out of the new music feature, could my iCloud music been effected? Or, is the new yearly $25 iCloud music feature holding my music captive? (No, not really - but somehow preventing it from staying physically on my phone).

Guess I'll haul out the rarely used laptop And do a sync.

Oct 3, 2015 12:28 PM in response to Squirrelyorkies

Hi, Squirrelyorkies... Don't give up just yet. First I suggest that you take a look at these articles about iCloud Music Library. They may provide the answer. If they do not, then please post back. I have a contact high on this forum who is a true expert on iTunes. If the articles do not help I will email him about your issue - he will address it and has helped many in the past. Let me know, please...

elcpu

iCloud Music Library: Understanding differences between Apple Music and iTunes Match - Apple Support

Check your Apple Music library settings - Apple Support

http://www.imore.com/everything-you-need-know-about-icloud-music-library

Oct 4, 2015 1:00 PM in response to elcpu

The iMore link you provided summed it up best

"I turned on iCloud Music Library and it ate my library/destroyed everything/aghhhh! Help?!

Deep breaths, pal. Do you have a backup? If so, turn off iCloud Music Library on your Mac and restore your library from that file."

So, i turned off iCloud Music, connected my phone to my laptop, clicked sync and all my music automatically uploaded...over 1,700 songs (I have a 128GB).

That's how many songs it ate.

Gotta say, no respect for usurping my music library on my phone. PITA

But, problem solved, at least.

I thank you again

Where's my music gone to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.