Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

el capitan

which old imacs support el capitan

iMac 24" 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; MacBook Pro 2 GHz Intel Core Duo, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 1:57 AM

6 replies

Nov 19, 2017 8:30 AM in response to gbowers

Yes, El Capitan is as high as you can go. To download it you need to use this special link:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/os-x-el-capitan/id1147835434?mt=12

You may find that 4GB doesn't get the best out of it - it will run in 2GB but it all depends on how many other apps you want to run at the same time. However you're at the official maximum your Mac can handle now (in theory it can handle 6GB but I don't know how reliable this is).

If you are currently running Snow Leopard you should be aware that PPC applications such as AppleWorks will not run.

Nov 19, 2017 8:44 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

i bought this one used back in 2013 from someone else. He had all the Adobe software on it and it works fine. I loaded quicken 2016 on it and Microsoft Office suite for Mac and it works fine as well. Everything on it is fine. However, it runs a bit slower than it did before when it was running Maverick but, it is ok for what I use it for.

Jul 11, 2016 2:23 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

OF five Apple Care customer service reps that I have spoken with in the last three days, exactly NONE ZERO ZIP asked me about these conditions before INSISTING that my MacBook Pro needed to be updated to El Freakin Capitan now. My computer is yet again ""trying" to "install" EC. I have watch ten aborted downloads today and wasted 6 hours, today only, not counting yesterday and the day before.

el capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.