Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail hyperlinks not working iOS 9

mail hyperlinks on my iPad air2 have stopped working.

I have found that after a reboot, they work briefly (maybe once, maybe twice, can't be sure), but subsequently freeze for a moment then do noting.

I found an old post for an earlier iOS version suggesting turning restrictions on, then off, then rebooting. Again this worked once after a reboot, then stopped Again.

This behaviour was present on iOS 9.0.0, 9.0.1 and 9.0.2

it doesn't happen on my iphone6+ with all the above iOS 9 versions, even with the same emails.

am I alone with this issue?

iPad, iOS 9.0.2, Email hyperlinks not working ios9

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 2:23 AM

33 replies

Nov 1, 2015 9:04 AM in response to Nick-edw

I Had this problem during last iOS 8 update before 9.

hyperlinks in emails wouldn't work

Apple Music cloud service wouldn't play proper songs or even everything I own (in fact, Apple Music stopped working well all together)

i couldn't log off and log back on to my apple id

this problem was across the board for iPad Air 2, iPhone 6, and Apple TV (movies wouldn't stream)

i had tons of help (useless help) from Apple employees (one week I spent 20 total hours on phone with them) and they walked me through all standard and tedious trouble shoots which didn't help. Eventually following their help my iPad Air 2 crashed and they had me mail it in and gave me a new one. Then they gave me a new iPhone 6.

ios9 came out and things seemed better and now I'm having the problem again.

ive I subscribed from Apple Music (seriously, LEAVE MY LIBRARU ALONE AND STOP TRYING TO MATCH......... MY LIBRARY IS DIFFERENT THAN WHAT YOU HAVE, APPLE!!!!!)

NOw, hyperlinks aren't working again in emails on iPad Air 2.

i Don't have the energy or time (because most of us are adults with jobs and responsibilities) to deal with them again.

divorcing Apple products seems best, but these guys won't let me take my digital content with me.

Nov 2, 2015 3:56 AM in response to Nick-edw

I Just got done with an apple assistant last night with this issue (not only are email hyperlinks not working, but neither was music syncing via iTunes Match).

GO to settings>general>about..... You SHOULD SEE listed IEMI, ICCID, MEID, and Modem Firmware numbers listed (and labeled plainly as I have labeled here).

my iPad had NONE of those numbers. The assistant told me that may be the problem and my iPad is being sent in to Apple now through UPS. This is the second time I've had to do this.

theyve told me when I get my new iPad to NOT restore from a back up.

TThe issue is I'm missing important parts of iOS 9.1 update and may be due to problems from a backed up version. If I got to settings>music for example, nothing regarding Apple Music or iCloud Music stuff exists in there. Literally nothing there.

when you get your replacement, start as a brand new iPad and never restore from a back up. Something is imperfect and you need to start fresh.

Mar 17, 2016 1:16 AM in response to Nick-edw

Hello,

I have the same problem with my iPad Air 2, since the safari bug last Jan.

Hyperlinks won't work in emails (whether it's Mail app, or Gmail app), or following a google/bing/duckduckgo search. Once you're on a website, links sometimes work and it is possible to navigate.

I spent a lot of time rebooting safari (after the bug), then the iPad, restore, clean site memories, restore again, well... still the same problem, which is a pain.

The problem appears on Safari, Firefox and Chrome, even if on the last 2, a long click leads to open separate spreadsheet for the considered link. Would it be a configuration issue on the touch screen (and that do not consider a touch as a click but a right click or whatever)... or something else?

The problem does not occur on my iPhone 6, by the way...

Did anyone have the same issue?

Thanks for your help

Mar 24, 2016 5:00 PM in response to andres1712

Hyperlinks stopped working on my iphone after I installed the official 9.3 update a couple of nights ago. I've gone as far as wiping my phone and restoring from a backup and still have the same problem. Can't click on links from mail, twitter or even search results withing Safari. Searched for two days online and haven't found any resolutions other than wiping the phone and starting over from scratch. That doesn't seem like a reasonable solution to me.

Mar 24, 2016 5:30 PM in response to jeremyfromkissimmee

Update as of March 23, 2016: You'll see in other community questions that hyperlink problem with 9.2.1 and up carries on and on, and Apple has not yet responded to the thousands of views ... and somebody in Apple is erasing these replies that help cope with the bugs!

One consequence is the freezing...

... u can unfreeze (power off button until u get screen w wipe question, then press Home until it clicks, kills the culprit app and unfreezes) and/or... substitute temporarily some of the main Apple culprits as follows...

My temp solution of substituting Mail by CloudMagic and Safari by Chrome works great >90% of the time. I complement w Mercury and , of course, Mail & Safari.

For linked problems w Calender i am using Fantastic.

I also changed VPN app/service to one with no hyperlinks so it doesn't freeze my app when changing some settings. Instead of XXX i now use TunnelBear and it works consistently.

This has taken the pressure off me and I'm relaxed using my iPad again!

it's a big pain erasing, resetting and attempting to recover from all the different backups, iCloud, Dropbox, etc etc and at the end there are no guarantees that solution will hold longer term.

COPY THE REPLY AS IT MAY SUDDENDLY BE ERASED

Mail hyperlinks not working iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.