Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is numbers 09 supported by el capitan? Or there is a new one on it?

Is numbers 09 supported by el capitan? Or better is there on El capitan a new numbers worth it? I never updated for the so many bad reviews of the latest numbers.

So, is it new on el capitan?

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 8GB - 2Ghz duo

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 1:56 AM

6 replies

Oct 3, 2015 4:58 AM in response to cecered78

I can't say for sure but I can tell you my experience. Last weekend I reinstalled Yosemite from scratch (my Mac was getting pitifully slow) then I updated to El Capitan a day ago. None of my iWork '09 apps are working in El Capitan but I had not tested them after the reinstall of Yosemite so I can't say for certain they were working beforehand. I never had a problem with them before this OS so I am leaning toward they do not work in El Capitan.

Oct 3, 2015 8:39 AM in response to cecered78

Numbers 2.3 (part of iWork '09) opens under El Capitan here and seems to be running fine. However, I'd keep in mind that it is after all 6-1/2-year-old "orphanware." Sooner or later there will come a day when it won't work. If you have the old Numbers on your machine you can upgrade it for free via the Mac App Store. After the upgrade you will have both versions on your Mac, the new one in your main Applications folder and the old one in a subfolder. Some people still prefer the old version, so it's good to have both.

SG

Is numbers 09 supported by el capitan? Or there is a new one on it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.