Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PhotoStream (flux de photo) upload troubles iOS 9

Hi!

I have an iPhone (5s) iPad (3rd generation) and a PC running iCloud under W7

iCloud Photo Library (Phototèque iCloud) is set on my iPhone but NOT on my iPad (i don't want to merge the Photos from those devices on my cloud library)

Latest version of software (actually iOS 9.0.1) on both devices

Trouble :

If I take a picture with my iPhone (or save one from any app) the pictures are pushed on my PC and my iPad

Photostream works

If I take a picture with my iPad (or save one from any app) the pictures are pushed on my PC but NOT on my iPhone

If I add a picture with iCloud for windows, it is pushed on my iPad but NOT on my iPhone

So Photostream on my iPhone is working just in one way.

Have you ever experienced the same ?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 2:03 AM

9 replies

Oct 3, 2015 2:30 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Thx for your answer but... Hidden where ?

all i know from apple ... and it does not apply to my iPhone, no picture is uploaded

How does My Photo Stream work with iCloud Photo Library?

My Photo Stream uploads your most recent photos so you can view and import them to all of your devices. Photos are stored in My Photo Stream for 30 days. iCloud Photo Library uploads all of your photos and videos to iCloud and keeps them up to date across your devices automatically. Once you turn on iCloud Photo Library on your device, any photos you add to My Photo Stream from other devices will appear in the All Photos tab in the Photos app, and organized in Moments, Collections, and Years.

Oct 4, 2015 1:32 AM in response to NicoRak

Sorry yes, I think that was obvious when I reread your post.

Do you have a lot of photos in the iCloud Photo Library, it might be a good idea to temporarily disable the iCloud Photo Library to check whether you can see the photos in the photo stream album when it becomes visible and also to try to kickstart things when you re-enable iCloud photo library, but depending on how many photos you have it may take a while.

Oct 4, 2015 1:48 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Thanks again for your good clue. There were a lot and it took time.

if I uncheck iCloud Library my Photostream folder may appear (I have to "quit" Photo app sometimes)

at first it is empty. but by leaving photo app and going back into or unchecking photostream then checking it back in iCloud, it starts to fill with last month pictures.

i Can see photostream pictures in "moments"

Almost alleluha 🙂 because when I restarted iCloud library my Photostream album went off (as expected) but all pictures inside disappear in moments or all pictures folders. So I go back in initial situation without any push for my streamed pictures from other devices.

Oct 5, 2015 12:27 AM in response to Winston Churchill

I restore my iPhone but still the same behavior. Once I have iCloud Photo Library switched off my photostream works (it pushs photos from all my devices to the photostream service). If I activate it on my iPhone photos are streamed from iPhone but photos streamed from other devices are not present whereas all picture are in Photostream cloud folder. Will try with a Genius Bar appointment

Oct 5, 2015 2:09 AM in response to NicoRak

To be honest I wasn't aware that photo stream photos were displayed at all when iCloud photo library is enabled, but the extract you posted made me think that perhaps I was wrong and it was just the photo stream album that wasn't displayed, but perhaps I was correct to begin with.

I did test this sort of thing when Photos first came out and believe that at the time photo stream photos disappeared when ICPL was enabled, but my memory isn't what it used to be and there is always the possibility they've changed the behaviour since anyway.

PhotoStream (flux de photo) upload troubles iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.