Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export rotated photots

Hi,

I have some photos where the camera didn't store rotation information. They are a few years old and I was using iPhoto back then to import and rotate them into portrait.

Now I'm using Aperture and these photos cannot be exported correctly:

• The image is still exported with portrait dimension
  • However, the picture itself is not rotated. Instead it is in it's original landscape orientation and squeezed into the portrait format, i.e. it comes out heavily distorted

I'm not experiencing this issue with photos where the camera stores the rotation info. Even if they were imported by iPhoto back then, they are exported properly. Also manually rotating an image now and exporting it leads to a correct result.

I have already tried to reprocess from original, etc. but without success.

Interestingly, drag-drop the photo from Aperture into Finder is able to generated the image properly. But I cannot select format / quality etc. with this.

I have also tried the iPhoto export function: The result is undistorted but also lacks the correct rotation -.- Similar to Aperture, drag-drop gets this right...

Any hints how to fix this issue?

Best Regards

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 2:05 AM

There are no replies.

Export rotated photots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.