Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extracting Acapella with Instrumental (of different volume))

Hi, I'm trying to extract an acapella in Logic using the original track and the instrumental. I know about the method using utility > gain > invert, but for some reason it hasn't been working for me. I believe this may be because the instrumental I have is at a different volume that the instrumental used within the track with vocals.

How do I obtain the acapella track in this scenario?? I assume I'd have to make the instrumentals the same volume, but I'm not sure how to do this to an exact degree. Is there a normalize-like tool to get them at the same levels? Or is there an alternate way to isolate vocals? Sincerely appreciate any suggestions!

Logic Pro X

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 2:30 AM

There are no replies.

Extracting Acapella with Instrumental (of different volume))

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.