Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will doing a factory reset on itunes remove my phone from settings in icloud

Will doing a factory reset on itunes remove my phone from settings in icloud?

iPhone 5c

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 3:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 4:43 AM

NO

7 replies

Oct 3, 2015 4:43 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Many thanks for the reply. However my device was always showing in the settings on icloud until yesterday. And now it just says no device. My iphone was lost on the 31/08/2015 and there has been a pending erase request ever since as it always shows as offline. Any ideas why my device has disappeared from the settings on icloud. To be clear it still shows on find my iphone. Spoken to two advisers at Apple tech today, who had no idea why this would happen.

Oct 3, 2015 5:04 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Thanks for the reply. When you log into the icloud home page you have the find my iPhone icon and the settings icon, along with the other icons. When I click on the find my iPhone icon it shows my device and it confirms the pending erase request. However if I then go back to the home page and click the settings icon. There is a bit at the bottom of that page which shows your device, IMEI, Serial Number and date of last backup. That has already been there until yesterday, now it just show no device. Any ideas??? Apple tech could not even give me an answer. The only thing they could think off is that because the device has been offline/ and not backed up for so long that its removed itself. But that makes no scene to me, as it still shows when I click on find my iphone icon.

Oct 3, 2015 5:11 AM in response to A1990R

What I think has happened it that my iphone has been found and erased/wiped with itunes??? As that's the only way somebody could erase my device if they found it as I had a pass lock, maybe that's why its now disappeared from the the settings area within icloud???? I hope that's the case as if they have erased/wiped it with iTunes they will not be able to active it as I have activation lock in place.

Will doing a factory reset on itunes remove my phone from settings in icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.