Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch screen not working after installing ios 9.0.2. Please help

I had installed IOS 9.0.2 in my IPhone 6. Now the phone is stuck and touch is not working. Even i cannot switchoff the phone. Please help

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 4:23 AM

Hold down both the home and sleep buttons, wait for the Apple logo, let go of the buttons.

25 replies

Oct 4, 2015 11:47 AM in response to Pickattack

Hello All,

I own a iPhone6 and it was working flawlessly until I upgraded to 9.0. Issues continued to 9.0.1 and now even to 9.0.2.

I am facing similar and lot worse problems.

1. After I wipe the grease off the screen using my shirt, like I always did, then unlock the phone - I notice the screen becomes unresponsive. Usually if I lock and unlock the device a few times, it starts to respond. It's repeatable every single time. I am guessing their 3D touch logic software is messing the screen on this model.
  2. When the keyboard has the word suggestions popping up, the typing gets extremely slow and laggy. Most often it can't even keep up with basic typing. When I pull down the suggestions to disappear, it seems to be better.
  3. I had the keyboard click sound on, it causes slow typing. I disabled it from settings and typing seemed to catch up speed again.
  4. Sometimes the screen keeps jumping around and doesn't even recognize clicks, swipes for over 10 seconds.
  5. I Followed a suggestion on a thread to reset the device via iTunes. It seemed slightly less frequent after I did that. But still issues persist.

Tis has been the worst release Apple released in a long time. I hope they fix it quickly.

Oct 4, 2015 11:52 AM in response to jumpmantnb

I've been struggling with this for days! I THINK the problem is with iCloud backups.

Every time I restored my phone I would restore an iCloud backup with certain@email.com and the phone still froze.

But the last time I DIDN'T restore, I set it up as a new iPhone, I used ANOTHER Apple ID and it hasn't frozen since!

It ***** not to have your things, but hey, at least the phone works.

It's been just a couple of hours, so I don't know if it will fail again soon, but I hope not! Maybe you want to try for yourself and let me know.

I'm starting a new post now letting "them" know about this, just in case that's the real issue. Since I haven't found a TRUE solution online.

Regards!

Mijael

Oct 4, 2015 1:18 PM in response to Pickattack

I have the iPhone 6 Plus. Ever since iOS 9 the touch screen locks up and the top of the screen on the operating system flashes where you drop down for notifications. 9.01 helped and made it kind of usable again. 9.02 bricked the phone something bad. Restores do nothing, reboots may help for a moment then it's back to no touch screen. This is absolutely asinine.

Oct 5, 2015 11:38 AM in response to Striker2015

I found that I had to go through the restore process with the phone and restore back to 9.02 which is the same version but at least my phone is kind of functional now. It almost seems like a memory leak. The shaking of the phone worked for a little bit and then it was a paper weight again. I contacted apple chat support and they said go to the store. This is asinine.

Touch screen not working after installing ios 9.0.2. Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.