Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fcp7 on MacPro / Best solutions?

After spending hours on google to find the best solutions for my new setup of fcp7 I decided to ask some experts 🙂

I have a macpro 3,1 with 32 GB Ram, Radeon HD 5870 and System on PCI Express Card with 2 SSD Raid. I also have my old PCI Card with one SSD in Port 4 (only PCI 1.1)

At the Sata2 Ports internal I have 3 HDD Drives and one SSD.

My Questions are now:

For optimum Setup how do I spread out OS System (OSX Mountain Lion) / Scratch Disk and Media over my SSDs and HDDs . At the moment I have System, fcp7 and scratch disk on my SSD Raid (by far the fastest drive) Media on a SATA HDD. I store my fcp projectfile on a different HDD.

Would it be better to have OSX a little bit slower on the SATA SSD and have Media and scratchdisk on the SSD Raid?

second question would be: How do i transfer the scratchdisk from one harddrive to another.

Final Cut Pro 7, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), MacPro 3,1 / 32 GB Ram / Radeon HD

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 4:25 AM

There are no replies.

fcp7 on MacPro / Best solutions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.