Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple store change without credit card

Hello everyone,

It's only after five years I have decided to change my app store. I wanted it to change it from US to Netherlands. I spent 5 hours, but of no use. Actually the problem is when I change my app store, it asks me credit card information. There is no none button there to select. Apple says you need to settle your previous purchases, but I never purchased anything. I never linked my credit card to apple store. This is so annoying, wish people at applecould have made these things simpler. So if you can assist me with changing apple store from one country to another country without having to enter my credit card information, I'll highly appreciate this.

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 3:48 AM

1 reply

Oct 3, 2015 10:11 AM in response to Aliwaqar

Are you currently in the Netherlands ? If not then you cannot use its store, the terms of use say that you have to be in a country to use its store.

For the 'none' option : Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support

When you change the country or region of an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method and update your billing options. If you want to remove your payment method after you change the country or region, you can change your payment information to None.

You will only be able to use a card issued by a Dutch bank and that is registered to the same name and address as on your iTunes account. If don't have one you could try contacting iTunes Support and see if they can stop the above requirement for you

Apple store change without credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.