Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

a device enrollment notification that keeps coming up

hi there

since updating to capitan i keep getting a weird notification, when dismissedit keeps appearing every 10 min, when accepting it fails

what is this and where is it coming from and how can i prevent it from appearingUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 8:35 PM

I have the same issues after upgrading to OS X El Capitan 10.11 I keep getting "Device Enrollment" notifications that says:

"Device Enrollment: Jackson So Sch District 9 can automatically configure your Mac based on settings provided by ..."

I have no idea who / what Jackson So Sch District 9 is.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2015 8:35 PM in response to ahmed205

I have the same issues after upgrading to OS X El Capitan 10.11 I keep getting "Device Enrollment" notifications that says:

"Device Enrollment: Jackson So Sch District 9 can automatically configure your Mac based on settings provided by ..."

I have no idea who / what Jackson So Sch District 9 is.

Oct 25, 2015 8:05 PM in response to ahmed205

I got to the bottom of my problem. My logic board had been damaged in August 2014 from a water spill. I went on eBay and bought a new logic board (I'll skip writing down the name of the company that I bought it from). It turned out that the logic board was from a laptop that had been stolen from the school district. I found this out because I contacted the school district and was immediately in touch with one of their IT people. I have purchased a new logic board and next week I'll have it installed. There's no way I want to be part of some eBay "fencing" operation (even though I've had to pay for 2 logic boards now).

So if you are getting this kind of device management message from a school district, you might want to check if you have the same type of problem. Just contact the school district.

Jan 20, 2016 8:47 PM in response to ahmed205

I just upgraded my MBP to El Capitan and now I'm getting the same device enrollment notification (from a different organization). The only work done on this device was by Apple care so I know I don't have a weird logic board. Clicking "skip" dismisses the notification for maybe 15 mins. I'm on a private network and am not connected to a VPN or anything. I'd love to hear if anyone has found a work around for this. Its annoying.

a device enrollment notification that keeps coming up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.