Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 9.6.1 temporarily unavailable?

The App Store app on my 15" MacBook Pro (which is running the latest version of Yosemite, v10.10.5) says I have iPhoto 9.6.1 available to download/update. When I try to do so, I get a warning dialogue window that says, "This item is temporarily unavailable. Try again later." When I click OK, the warning dialogue disappears and nothing happens within the App Store app. This has happened to me every time I have tried to update my version of iPhoto (v. 9.5.1) over the last few weeks. To make matters worse, I can't open iPhoto on my laptop because the application is overlayed with a "prohibited" icon.

In the description of what the version 9.6.1 update does, it says it, "improves compatibility when migrating iPhoto Libraries to the Photos app in OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 (available this spring). In my internet research, I have read more than a few "horror stories" about the migration of iPhoto Libraries to the Photos app, and I want the latest version of iPhoto (i.e., v. 9.6.1) on my computer before I do so. What's going on, Apple????

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 8GB RAM, 1TB HD

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 9:51 AM

Clickhereand try following the instructions.

(134335)

3 replies

Oct 3, 2015 10:07 AM in response to Niel

Many thanks to "Neil" (and the subsequent post by "Old Toad" about repairing iPhoto's permissions and rebuilding the database after I got iPhoto, v.9.6.1 installed). It's running fine now (in Yosemite, v. 10.10.5--believe it or not). Now I'm ready to make the transition to the new Photos app.

Then it's on to El Capitan (after the "dust settles" in a another week or two).

Amazing that all of this has been done on a mid-2009 MacBook Pro! Despite the "goat rope" that Apple created with the iPhoto/Photos transition, I'm living proof that the company makes great hardware and you "experts" in the Apple Support Communities program provide an absolutely outstanding service when Apple doesn't do quite so well with software upgrades.

Think different, folks!

"Doc" Holladay

(First Apple product was a IIc bought in 1985, or thereabouts--my memory isn't as good as it used to be.)

iPhoto 9.6.1 temporarily unavailable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.