Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot create email account as an identical already exists

We have 2 iPads and 2 iPhones. My wife's email account (hotmail) stopped to function on her iPad, so I followed the advice given and deleted the hotmail account to create it anew. However, I got the message that it could not be created as an identical account already exists. As the situation is right now, I have access to her account on my iPad, while she cannot get to it on her iPhone or on her iPad. We have access to her account on both our PCs, so it seems to be an Apple problem.)

She would like her mail account back. What must we do?

iPad, iOS 8.2

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 8:17 AM

5 replies

Oct 4, 2015 3:19 PM in response to Antiochene

A reset itself just restarts the device - you press and hold the power and home buttons till the screen goes blank, ignoring the Slide to Power Off notice, then release the buttons. Then, you press and hold the power button to boot the phone up.

There's also reset network settings, which wouldn't change anything here, and, finally, there's Reset all content and settings, which removes all data from the phone.

That would be a last resort, though.

~Lyssa

Cannot create email account as an identical already exists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.