Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to use a specific function: the inverse of cumulative triangular distribution, very useful in Monte Carlo simulation. Why is this simple function not available in NUMBERS.?

In app Numbers there are a lot of statistic functions, but there is not any inverse of the cumulative of those functions, as normal, lognormal, triangular and uniform.

iPad Air

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 8:31 AM

8 replies

Oct 3, 2015 9:13 AM in response to mcsalo

Numbers has a large subset of Excel functions plus a couple of its own (related to dates and time). If Excel doesn't have the function then Numbers likely won't either.

Often an Excel solution can be adapted to Numbers, though.

Searching for "inverse triangular distribution excel" I came up with quite a few hits, including this one, which may or may not help (I have only a basic grounding in probability and statistics).

SG

I need to use a specific function: the inverse of cumulative triangular distribution, very useful in Monte Carlo simulation. Why is this simple function not available in NUMBERS.?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.