Looks like no oneโ€™s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to iOS9, search in note app; search in spotlight; business yahoo email sent items don't sync anymore with website and vice versa.

Before upgrading to iOs9:

SEARCHING IN NOTES:

Before, if I search through my notes, it brings me to the part where the word is and it even highlights the word.

SEARCHING IN SPOTLIGHT ON SOMEONE'S CONTACT:

Before, when I write a name in spotlight, it easily and shows more faster the person I am looking for from my contacts list. Now, sometimes it shows for some people. Some people I search, it doesn't

YAHOO BUSINESS MAIL:

Before, no problem at all. Now, going crazy. So, according to yahoo, delete what's present and add it through "other" option and not on the Yahoo! I did all of the steps. It did send and receive again. BUT...when i send email from phone, it doesn't show in sent items anymore in the website and vice versa. No calendar, note, syncing either. Please fix.

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 9:15 PM

I am having the same problem. I downloaded the Yahoo ap and am using that for now. It keeps all the sent items in the same sent folder as desktop. Just an FYI my sent emails from the IOS 9 mail client, after doing the workaround, were in a folder called "sent messages" which is the same folder Yahoo business mail used back when it was pop3. I discovered this when I was browsing through that folder and it was full of sent messages from 2009 plus all the new ones I sent from my iphone after the re set up. So it looks to me it is a Yahoo problem not Apple. We'll see. This seems to happen every timer there is a major IOS upgrade. Sure is a pain for us who work on the road.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2015 9:15 PM in response to almaljg

I am having the same problem. I downloaded the Yahoo ap and am using that for now. It keeps all the sent items in the same sent folder as desktop. Just an FYI my sent emails from the IOS 9 mail client, after doing the workaround, were in a folder called "sent messages" which is the same folder Yahoo business mail used back when it was pop3. I discovered this when I was browsing through that folder and it was full of sent messages from 2009 plus all the new ones I sent from my iphone after the re set up. So it looks to me it is a Yahoo problem not Apple. We'll see. This seems to happen every timer there is a major IOS upgrade. Sure is a pain for us who work on the road.

Oct 6, 2015 9:21 PM in response to DRinSEA

Yes, I actually sent my complaint regarding the email to both Yahoo and Apple, hoping one of them fixes it the soonest. Lol. Plus, I thought the apple support group is more reliable. hehehe..

Wow. Thank you for this. It was very helpful! ๐Ÿ™‚ I checked my my yahoo business email in my phone [the iPhone email not the Yahoo email app], there ARE(!) TWO SENT Folders! ๐Ÿ™‚ When I checked the second sent folder, it's full of email sent from website and first Sent folder are the emails sent from phone! I guess this will do for now! ๐Ÿ™‚ Now, if they could just merge it like how it worked before and also fix the Search feature in iPhone. Thanks again! ๐Ÿ˜€

Oct 6, 2015 9:33 PM in response to almaljg

I have been able to move the one sent folder to the other only on my ipad mini. Not on my PC(non mac) or my iphone. So again my workaround has been to use the yahoo ap for now until this gets cleared up. Hope this gets fixed soon. What a pain. I so do not want to move it all to google. Could also be that yahoo business has spinned it off to another company in the "4th quarter" which is now.

Oct 6, 2015 10:16 PM in response to DRinSEA

Exactly. I hope I don't have to move to google.

Hehe, I kind of don't like the Yahoo App because I need to switch between email accounts on top. Unlike the one in the phone, you just choose which account you want on the left side. Plus, it seems less messy. hehe. So, these two sent folders of Apple Email in phone will do for now. (for me that is, hehe)

You're probably right about the spin off to another company. That could be the reason why we have all these problems. I had no problem before with yahoo business emails in my phone even with all those past updates for the last 2-3 years. ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ Hope they can fix it the soonest and provide a much better service. Thanks again for the great help! ๐Ÿ™‚

Oct 14, 2015 12:53 AM in response to DRinSEA

Not really. I'm just using the iOS9/iPhone email platform. It shows there under the accounts the TWO SENT FOLDER. Those two folders that you have previously mentioned apparently is also present in the iPhone email platform. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have received a response from Yahoo and they just said their apologies and that they're looking into the issue, looking for the best resolution, etc. He also gave me a link to check up on its status: ysmallbizstatus.com

Upgraded to iOS9, search in note app; search in spotlight; business yahoo email sent items don't sync anymore with website and vice versa.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.