Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone knows if Logic 10.2 runs with Mountain Lion?

I'm thinking to buy Logic X but the only thing that stops me is the fact that on the system requirements for 10.2 it says; 10.9 or later...

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), null

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 9:16 AM

No.. the minimum OS X requirement for LPX 10.2 is OS X 10.9.5 or newer....

5 replies

Oct 5, 2015 7:22 AM in response to AndresG03

Well,

You are supposed to be able to select an earlier version if your OS X version doesn't match the minimum requirements of the current version... and a couple of people have reported this to be so.

However, a couple of other people reported this did not occur for them and they had to update OS X in order that they could run the later versions because they were not offered the earlier versions of LPX to download.

So, basically, it's a bit of a gamble as you only get offered the earlier version after you have purchased LPX 🙂

Oct 5, 2015 7:29 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Exactly, I have a friend who had previously buy Logic X 10.0.7, running on Mountain Lion. He showed me that if he chose to update to Logic 10.2, a message would appear saying "Download a previous version of Logic Pro? The actual version requires OS X 10.9 or later, however you can download the latest compatible version". Yet, when I try to download Logic the message I get is "Logic X requires OS X 9.0 or later".

I think is ******** that Apple always pushes you to download the latest OS X system, when all they do is make your mac work slower and get you problems with other software compatibilities.

I will most likely have to update to 10.9...

Thanks for you help!

Does anyone knows if Logic 10.2 runs with Mountain Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.