Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo Library Help!

Hey,

I turned iCloud Photo Library off (for some reason it was on, but wasn't working anyway) - now i've upgraded to El Capitan and iOS9 I decided to turn it back on and give it a go.

No matter what I try, it says that iCloud Photo Library will delete in 11 days, re activate it by using the iCloud settings - well I have, why is this still happening? I reckon its a glitch, but I don't want it to delete my photo's, I won't be impressed.

Also, it has just frozen on updating, with the back 1/4 full. It won't budge, I tried restarting the computer but it didn't fix anything. It's also restored all the old photo's i've deleted before, like silly things you save to send to someone then delete after.

On my iPhone, it's fine. It's put all my photo's on it, with no stupid ones that I deleted like my iMac has... it's all updated and working, but it also says the photo's will delete in 11 days. The iPhone has all of it turned on also? Cannot understand it.

I can't see the point in this iCloud photo's anyway, I thought you'd be able to take a picture on the phone, it won't save to the phone and it uploads to iCloud, so you can see all the pictures from any device, at any time as long as your connected to the internet. It seems like it still saves the pictures to the device, and doesn't delete them off another device once you delete them from another - whats the point in this? Just creates more work - unless mines not working obviously.

Please, someone shine some light i'm pretty much stuck with this.. Might just turn it off and continue to use iPhoto and Photo Stream instead like I used to!

iMac

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 8:59 AM

There are no replies.

iCloud Photo Library Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.