Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting from iOS9 to Numbers 2.3 (OSX 10.7)

I've been having this trouble for quite some time. I've been searching for similar issues in the community, but can't find any answer...

Created a file in iOS numbers, I want to export and open it in my iWork Numbers 2.3. I receive a message saying I have to have the latest version of Numbers in my MacBook, which doesn't support that later version.

What I find ridiculous is that if I export to excel, the same Numbers version will open the file, with the obvious incompatibilities between excel and numbers...

Is there a way to solve this?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 9:15 AM

1 reply

Oct 3, 2015 10:21 AM in response to NunoQ

Hi NunoQ,

Numbers 3 was redesigned from the bottom up for compatibility with the iOS versions. I believe that the many complaints that 3 received initially were becasue of the compromises made for that compatibility. If you cannot upgrade your MacBook's OS I think you are stuck using the export to Excel option. If you can run El Cap on your MacBook it may be time to pull the trigger.

quinn

Exporting from iOS9 to Numbers 2.3 (OSX 10.7)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.