Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Info: What is working with 10.11 El Capitan

I thought I'd start a thread informing other users about what is working without issues under 10.11 El Capitan at this point in time.

Please feel free to post your own 'success' information but don't clutter this thread up with what isn't working at this time...

Use this thread....

El Capitan 10.11 Compatibility information - Important.

...for posting information about what ISN'T working....

Ill also update this User Tip

El Capitan 10.11 Compatibility information

...based on confirmed reports of issues....

Thanks!

Nigel

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), LPX 10.2

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 9:41 AM

Note: All the following have been personally tested by me on multiple Macs and 10.11 testbed systems.

I will add more to this personal list as and when I get time to fully test other plugins and devices I have here.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As of Oct 3rd 2015

Logic Pro X 10.2 itself, works fine under 10.11

However the AU plugin Validation tool (AVT) provided in OS X 10.11 has been changed and this is causing some 3rd party plugins to fail validation at this time.... See both the User Tip and the Compatibility thread linked to in the first post... for more info and a possible workaround

Numerology 4 Standard and Pro Standalone Build 147 (Issue with AVT and some AU plugins still applies)

Ableton Live 9.x (Latest version) works fine (Again AVT issue applies)

Motu Ultralite Mk1, 2 and 3 Audio/Midi interfaces, using the latest drivers and Firewire, are working fine.

DSI's Prophet 12 via it's built in USB 2 Midi interface is working normally under USB 2 and 3

iConnectMidi 2+, 4+ and Audio 4+ interfaces are working fine under USB 2 and USB3 ports.

Roger Linn's Linnstrument working fine under USB2 and 3

Seaboard Grand (and the forthcoming Rise) working fine

Novation Launchkey 61 working fine under USB2 and 3

AU Plugins working and passing validation normally are;

All "built in" LPX plugins though I have read a couple of reports about the new Alchemy plugin somehow failing to work but this remains unconfirmed and works fine here

Spectrasonics Omnisphere2

All U-He plugins (using the latest GM betas released yesterday)

Cakewalk Rapture2

VSL Vienna Ensemble Pro 5

Valhalla's various Reverb plugins

Numerology 4 Standard and Pro AU and AUMX plugins

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2015 9:41 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Note: All the following have been personally tested by me on multiple Macs and 10.11 testbed systems.

I will add more to this personal list as and when I get time to fully test other plugins and devices I have here.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As of Oct 3rd 2015

Logic Pro X 10.2 itself, works fine under 10.11

However the AU plugin Validation tool (AVT) provided in OS X 10.11 has been changed and this is causing some 3rd party plugins to fail validation at this time.... See both the User Tip and the Compatibility thread linked to in the first post... for more info and a possible workaround

Numerology 4 Standard and Pro Standalone Build 147 (Issue with AVT and some AU plugins still applies)

Ableton Live 9.x (Latest version) works fine (Again AVT issue applies)

Motu Ultralite Mk1, 2 and 3 Audio/Midi interfaces, using the latest drivers and Firewire, are working fine.

DSI's Prophet 12 via it's built in USB 2 Midi interface is working normally under USB 2 and 3

iConnectMidi 2+, 4+ and Audio 4+ interfaces are working fine under USB 2 and USB3 ports.

Roger Linn's Linnstrument working fine under USB2 and 3

Seaboard Grand (and the forthcoming Rise) working fine

Novation Launchkey 61 working fine under USB2 and 3

AU Plugins working and passing validation normally are;

All "built in" LPX plugins though I have read a couple of reports about the new Alchemy plugin somehow failing to work but this remains unconfirmed and works fine here

Spectrasonics Omnisphere2

All U-He plugins (using the latest GM betas released yesterday)

Cakewalk Rapture2

VSL Vienna Ensemble Pro 5

Valhalla's various Reverb plugins

Numerology 4 Standard and Pro AU and AUMX plugins

Oct 5, 2015 8:03 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Here you go .... just go this from TC Support

Nicolas, Oct 5, 16:12:

Dear Neal,

Thank you for contacting TC Electronic Support.

Due to a compatibility issue between the TC Near driver and OSX 10.11, we recommend that users do not update yet.

We will be supporting OSX 10.11 and we are working hard to get the driver out as soon as possible, but we currently do not have an estimate of when this might be. In the meantime, users can sign up for our newsletter whereby they can keep informed as to when drivers will be ready.

To sign up for our newsletter, please visit: www.tcelectronic.com/newsletter/

I hope this information has been helpful. If you should have any additional questions, please feel free to update this ticket and i will be happy to assist you further.

Nicolas - TC Electronic Support

Info: What is working with 10.11 El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.