Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo mail on Safari as browser on a PC

How do I get my yahoo mail to work in other than basic mode on my PC running Safari as its default browser? I believe I have the latest version of Safari available to PC users (ver. 5.1.7). By the way, as soon as I am financially able to do so I will be buying a Mac. I've had it with PC after many, many years of loyalty.

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 10:35 AM

Your best bet would be switching to another browser, like Firefox, since most websites require an up-to-date browser for full functionality. It's a problem you're going to run into more often until you eventually do get a Mac, so you might as well nip it in the bud now rather than wait.

2 replies

Oct 3, 2015 10:50 AM in response to pinkstones

Thanks. Since posting I found what you say to be quite true. Interestingly, though, the latest IE version I can have on my windows pc running vista is also already not supported by Yahoo mail. Mozilla Firefox is, but I and many other users are having trouble with its plugin container which causes it to crash often--especially on my computer when in Yahoo mail, but that's not the only time. I just wish I could go out today and purchase a new mac to end all this nonsense with compatibility issues. I'm not even able to upgrade to Windows 10 (not that I want to do so) which makes lots of other PC applications no longer supported.

Yahoo mail on Safari as browser on a PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.