Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot drag using external trackpad

This seems like a really stupid question, but I cannot make my external Magic Trackpad drag. The built-in trackpad on MacBook Pro works fine. The only setting that seems to work is going into the accessibility settings and setting drag to "3 finger drag", which is _not_ my preferred method. Can it not to drag the "normal" way by simply dragging or using the two finger trick my built-in trackpad can do?

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 11:05 AM

2 replies

Oct 8, 2015 5:02 PM in response to Paul Forgey

As if that wasn't enough of an annoyance, I am also forced to enable "tap to click" globally to be able to click at all when using the trackpad. As I use both (it is a portable laptop after all), needing to have tap to click enabled for my internal trackpad limits the usefulness of this.

I've swapped it out for an actual mouse and am happier. The inability to use separate settings for the internal and external track pads made it unusable for me.

cannot drag using external trackpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.