Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen won't turn on for my Ipod touch 5g

So I am in a bit of a pickle. I have an iPod touch 5th generation that I bought from somebody off of craigslist a couple years back. Everything was working just fine until last night when my iPod decided to stop turning on all of a sudden. The screen just went completely black. I decided to leave it alone for a few hours to see if that would do anything. It didn't. I left it alone overnight to see if that would do anything. It didn't. The weird thing is, when I connect my iPod to my computer, it recognizes it and syncs it. I want to do the reset with the power and home button trick, but my home button has been stuck for forever. I use the assistive touch. So I only have the power button, which doesn't do anything... Also, I don't have any money, so I can't take it to an Apple store to see what they can do and I don't have a warranty because I bought it off of someone from craigslist a couple years ago. Just wondering if there is anything at all that I can do or if I should just give up completely...

iPod touch, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 5:49 PM

See my first reply on page 3 in this discussion. The link opens to page 3.

Turn on without Home/Power Button

2 replies

Screen won't turn on for my Ipod touch 5g

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.