Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

publish as pdf

I've just opened iBooks Author (2.4) for the first time, and I have a couple of questions. I'm having trouble finding some of the answers I need.

1. Does anyone know if I can use iBooks Author to create and publish an ebook or special report in pdf format to be downloaded from one of my websites?
  2. Can I design a cover from another program and import it to iBooks for a finished product?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could answer these questions for me. I look forward to your responses, and I thank you in advance for your support.

Pages-OTHER, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 5:35 PM

my first iq test when i was younger, i mistakenly skipped over an answer box early on in the test and continued from there on. i came to realize it when i got to the next to last question on the test and only had one box left. then the bell rang.

i was classified as an imbecile, one rank below your self proclaimed abilities in the tech field.

1. yes, you can export the ibook to pdf format at any time. see export under the file menu.

2. absolutely yes you can. just go to the book title page and drag and drop your book cover onto the page. i've only done this twice, once for each book i have created so i am a little hazy about any gotchas. delete everything on the page if you are using a template but perhaps keep the title text box and place your title there, font and position to wherever. i think you might have to do this since that text box is special. try and buy.

i'de recommend getting to the latest releases sooner rather than later, including iOS and especially if you plan to distribute the book.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2015 5:35 PM in response to Technomoron2050

my first iq test when i was younger, i mistakenly skipped over an answer box early on in the test and continued from there on. i came to realize it when i got to the next to last question on the test and only had one box left. then the bell rang.

i was classified as an imbecile, one rank below your self proclaimed abilities in the tech field.

1. yes, you can export the ibook to pdf format at any time. see export under the file menu.

2. absolutely yes you can. just go to the book title page and drag and drop your book cover onto the page. i've only done this twice, once for each book i have created so i am a little hazy about any gotchas. delete everything on the page if you are using a template but perhaps keep the title text box and place your title there, font and position to wherever. i think you might have to do this since that text box is special. try and buy.

i'de recommend getting to the latest releases sooner rather than later, including iOS and especially if you plan to distribute the book.

Oct 5, 2015 2:32 AM in response to richard the old

Thank you, Richard. Oddly, when I looked at Export the other day I didn't see PDF. I guess it's kind of like looking all over the house for your keys then realizing you had your hand right next to them all the time. Of course, my frustration level was up. I get intimidated and stressed anytime I have to learn a new program. I'm that way with all things cyber...and only those things.

Thanks again, Richard. I appreciate it.

publish as pdf

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.