Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 froze while restoring it

My iPhone 6 froze while I was trying to restore it. the loading bar wont move at all it been like 3 hours. I tried soft resetting it and hooking it to my computer but nothing seems too work. its just stuck on the screen with the apple logo and loading bar....... please help!!

iPhone 6

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 1:04 PM

5 replies

Oct 3, 2015 1:51 PM in response to xStene17x

Follow the steps mentioned in the article above. You might have to try more than once, sometimes it is difficult to get the right timing.

1. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, and don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.
    User uploaded file
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device.
    If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, you'll need to repeat these steps and choose Restore instead of Update when you get back to this step.
    User uploaded file
  4. After the Update or Restore completes, set up your device. If you previously backed up your device with iTunes or iCloud and had to restore your device in step 3, you might be able to restore from your backup during setup.

Oct 4, 2015 4:12 AM in response to xStene17x

Sorry, since this did not work, it must be hardware related and you'll have to get the phone checked by visiting an Authorized Apple Service Provider or Apple Store.

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

You can also contact Apple Support and have them service it:

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

One last try: Did you try to put it in DFU mode and restore the phone?

DFU mode is explained on this page

iphone 6 froze while restoring it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.