Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICloud backup not working!

Is there anyone out in the community who is having issues with backup to iCloud since the ios 9 update came out? The last time I was able to update was September 16. I have since deleted this backup and have not been successful.I am using an iPhone 5

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 12:27 PM

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Yes, there are plenty having issues after the iOS 9 update, indeed I had problems at first. I'd start by trying a few things that have helped others previously.

You might try a forced shutdown to begin with, hold down the top and home buttons together until the device shuts down, then restart it.

First check that your device is correctly connected to the wifi/internet (settings > wifi)

If your back up continually fails, you might try turning off back up on your mobile device (settings > iCloud > storage & backup) and then deleting the backup file from iCloud by swiping the backup file on the mobile device (settings > iCloud > storage & backup > manage…) and then turning back up on again.

If this doesn't help, try turning off some items for back up in a pattern to try to establish if your problem is being caused by specific data on your device.

Being able to back up to the cloud can be very useful, especially if you don't have access to a computer or have infrequent access to one, however unless you specifically need to use iCloud for back up, you will find backing up to iTunes significantly more convenient and possibly more reliable.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2015 12:27 PM in response to lorrangie

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Yes, there are plenty having issues after the iOS 9 update, indeed I had problems at first. I'd start by trying a few things that have helped others previously.

You might try a forced shutdown to begin with, hold down the top and home buttons together until the device shuts down, then restart it.

First check that your device is correctly connected to the wifi/internet (settings > wifi)

If your back up continually fails, you might try turning off back up on your mobile device (settings > iCloud > storage & backup) and then deleting the backup file from iCloud by swiping the backup file on the mobile device (settings > iCloud > storage & backup > manage…) and then turning back up on again.

If this doesn't help, try turning off some items for back up in a pattern to try to establish if your problem is being caused by specific data on your device.

Being able to back up to the cloud can be very useful, especially if you don't have access to a computer or have infrequent access to one, however unless you specifically need to use iCloud for back up, you will find backing up to iTunes significantly more convenient and possibly more reliable.

Oct 3, 2015 12:44 PM in response to lorrangie

Hello, I have a problem with an account of hotmail.es, I put the account for iCloud iPhone and it turns out I'm wrong and I leave a letter or just the evil is not introduced, gave accept and given them by valid but of course to access the iCloud asks me verification email to activate it, and of course I can not access wing that have sent the verification that tells me there, then I wanted to create me the wrong account in order to verify the iCloud and to use iPhone with hotmail.es well but was not there now to create an account so. So what solution might be to access that account does not exist and get my iCloud, I can use my iPhone to 100% I restarted and I updated but I can not take that post how much to use my iCloud, I am subject to any questions and provide any information necessary to help me with this problem, my email is: nissamejia9525@hotmail.com I await your response. Thank you.

Oct 4, 2015 2:38 AM in response to lorrangie

I think Apple dropped a ball with iOS 9; I've had no end of iCloud backup problems. They've messed up the manage storage screen for backups totally. Mine has been failing on and off. I'm now on a massive connection and go to backup and it says 10 mins remaining and then fails a few seconds later repeatedly. Since iOS 9 I've deleted my backup and started over 4 times. I'm gonna have to backup to PC. This isn't acceptable. If it's not fixed I think I'm gonna cancel my plans to get new iPhone and look elsewhere. The advantage of an iPhone was that stuff just worked with little or no messing about. I don't have time to manually sort my backup out 3 times a bloody week Apple!!!

ICloud backup not working!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.