Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Youtube player reloads when I switch to fullscreen in safari 9.

Youtube player reloads when I switch to fullscreen in safari 9. When I switch User Agent option from Default to Safari 9 within the Develop menu the problem disappears, but it doesn’t solve, since when I open a new tab the User Agent switch again to Default.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 11:55 AM

4 replies

Oct 3, 2015 7:43 PM in response to Nivlacsebboh

You have this issue too? If it's in automatic resolution, switching player to full screen will automatically change the resolution of the vid causing it to buffer. I get this too, but lately I have been switching the resolution manually when starting a video. This will stop it from halting and buffering when switching it to fullscreen.

A workaround if anything, not a real solution I am afraid though.

shortcut

Oct 3, 2015 8:24 PM in response to shortcut

With Default option checked in Develop > User Agent, if you click on Other option in the same menu, you can see the User Agent String “Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_5) AppleWebKit/601.1.56 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Safari/537.86.1”, but if you turn Develop > User Agent > Safari 9.0 on and after click on Other option, you gonna see the User Agent String "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11_0) AppleWebKit/601.1.56 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Safari/601.1.56”.

It means Safari isn’t using the Agent of Safari 9.0 by default, I guess, that’s the problem I can’t solve.

Thanks.

Oct 4, 2015 1:16 PM in response to Nivlacsebboh

If you are still using Mavericks then safari is using the correct agent. If, like me, recently went for an update from Mavericks > El Capitan (bypassing yosemite) and are now on El Capitan I think you almost had it fixed.

Nivlacsebboh wrote:

Youtube player reloads when I switch to fullscreen in safari 9. When I switch User Agent option from Default to Safari 9 within the Develop menu the problem disappears, but it doesn’t solve, since when I open a new tab the User Agent switch again to Default.

With Default option checked in Develop > User Agent, if you click on Other option in the same menu, you can see the User Agent String “Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_5) AppleWebKit/601.1.56 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Safari/537.86.1”, but if you turn Develop > User Agent > Safari 9.0 on and after click on Other option, you gonna see the User Agent String "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11_0) AppleWebKit/601.1.56 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Safari/601.1.56”.

It means Safari isn’t using the Agent of Safari 9.0 by default, I guess, that’s the problem I can’t solve.

After I got the desired agent, (the one for El Capitan) I went Develop > User Agent > Other... Then I hit Ok, This added it to the list. It should have a checkmark. I no longer have to worry about manually selecting resolution and can enter/exit full screen without freezing and rebuffering. Open a new tab, play a video and bob is your uncle.

Hope this Helps

shortcut

Youtube player reloads when I switch to fullscreen in safari 9.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.