Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitian Upgrade

I just completed the upgrade to El Capitian and on my maps app on dock on my iMac how do you clear the search history?

Thank you all

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Please help asap

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 2:50 PM

Franick,

Click on the search field to reveal ✩ Favorites. Click on "Favorites"

User uploaded file

Click on "Recents"

User uploaded file

Scroll to the bottom right of that window and choose "Clear Recents"

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

10 replies

Oct 3, 2015 6:17 PM in response to DODGE01CHALLENGERSRT01_01

Franick,

No, that is not the correct display.

This link---> http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/maps-only-showing-grid-no-actual-map.1659150 / may provide some clues.

What happens if you go to Maps Menu Bar at the top of your screen, and experiment with selecting/deselecting each one of the choices in the "View" menu?

Also, experiment by changing selections in Show ⌄, -, +, 3D, Directions, Map, Transit, Satellite.

If none of that works, restart your computer.

User uploaded file

Oct 4, 2015 7:22 AM in response to DODGE01CHALLENGERSRT01_01

franick01 wrote:

How do I change the under eindow has location checked off cannot uncheck it has a location and cannot change it.

I am not sure what that means, but I guess that you may be referring to this icon:

User uploaded file

If my guess is correct, go to System Preferences...>Security & Privacy>Privacy>Location Services> do you have:

✓ Enable Location Services?

✓Maps?

If not, try enabling those two user choices. You may have to use the Lock Icon at the bottom left hand corner of the window to make changes. "Click the lock to make changes." Then enter your Administrator password.

User uploaded file

Oct 4, 2015 7:32 AM in response to Ferd II

Also these question Ineed these question answered as well since your helpful to me,

I bought my iMac with Mountain Lion on it and so far did all the upgrades that came after like Maverick,then Yosemite and now El Captian and was wondering when I did past upgrades when I sit down mu computer at night and then turn it back on in the morning it would load fast very fast. Now with El Capitan it load very loads is this suppose to happen if not how do I fix it? I tried to even download it again and same result very slow to load in morning. Also now I am getting the fan on never did before and have plenty of space cannot figure why this is also happening godson all day only shuts fans off if I put it to sleep. How to fix this as well? Also in maps I have a blank screen no streets and no satellite image I will show you below were before I was able see see the streets and satellite. How can this be fixed? And in maps under the view shows a location with a check that I cannot change not near me. How to change that setting to my home town? Thanks for all you help I am upset that i even upgrade I liked my maps and now its a blank screen and load times is very sluggish too long to load in morning?

User uploaded file

El Capitian Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.