Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

owner of device is wrong

When I set up an ipod for my daughter today (no one else in the family has an apple product) it registered the device to me because I had to log in to create a family account. Is there a simple way to transfer the device to her without a great big deal? I find apple to be extremely difficult to use - ie. I had to enter a credit card in order to create a family account - I didn't buy anything. Then when she wanted to download a free game, it asked me for permission - ok great. Except the notification didn't come to my email it went to her ipod device. THen when I logged in, I have no icloud email address and I need to set one up - while since I don't have an apple device it makes it kind of hard. It should have gone to my email account to ask permission not to her device. I really don't understand the apple logic of thinking - there are simpler ways of doing things. I just spent 2.5 hours setting up this device to find it listed as mine and not hers.

Help

iPod touch

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 1:38 PM

1 reply

Oct 3, 2015 2:06 PM in response to saukerchick

For Family Sharing The organizer (you has to have an iOS device with iOS or later or a Mac with Yosemite or later,

The sharer has to also have one of the devices. They can't be the same device.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Family purchases and payments - Apple Support

When the sharer requires approval of a purchae the organizer response on their iOS 8 or later or Yosemite device.

owner of device is wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.