Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini(Gen 1) constantly freezing and Rebooting

Following upgrading the iPad Mini to iOS9(9.0.2 - Serial-F4JJLZ34F193) it frequently reboots when in use or freezes necessitating a forced reboot. This did not happen on iOS8.

The reboot can happen at the "Slide to unlock" screen or when navigating the device.I have done a "Reset All Settings"

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior after an upgrade since moving to iOS9?

iPad Mini, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 1:40 PM

2 replies

Oct 4, 2015 4:04 AM in response to vikicooks

To try and sort the problem I connected it to PC and did the restore using iTunes. Following that the iPad has become completely unusable now, crashing and rebooting when any action is done on the device. Apple have managed to render a perfectly working iPad useless through a software update to iOS9 with not option to roll back. When I go onto Apples support, I'm informed that the device is out of support.

I have quite a few iPads and iPhones in the house and was poised to upgrade across the board from iPhone 6s, iPad mini, Air to iPad Pro. Now given the appalling support and Apple rendering my device useless with no recourse, I'll be looking at either Android or Windows 10 for my future mobile device requirements.

iPad Mini(Gen 1) constantly freezing and Rebooting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.