Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems with Aperture and OS X El Capitan

I just downloaded and installed OS X El Capitan on my MacBook Pro. In addition to losing my iMovies after the installation, I now find that when I view my photos in Aperture they are "grayed out." My photos are important not only for sharing, but for reference for my artwork. In Aperture photos can be viewed in thumbnail-size, medium and full size. Only the thumbnails give me the correct color. How do I fix this??

Thanks,

ElyArtist

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 1:42 PM

13 replies

Oct 8, 2015 9:03 AM in response to gjconstructs

I'm not sure I truly understand on-screen proofing option that I disabled. I'm not particularly computer-literate and depend on it working efficiently and correctly. I just wanted to be able to see my photos in their larger format not "grayed out." There have been other issues (other than Aperture) since the "upgrade" to El Capitan that have confused and annoyed me -- things in Mail, for instance, and the disappearance of my iMovies. Apparently I'm not the only one having problems with iMovie, and a call to Apple Help did nothing to resolve the mail issue. Looks like scheduling a One-to-One is in my future........

Thanks,

Elyartist

Oct 8, 2015 10:26 AM in response to Elyartist

Hi

I invested lots of time in learning Aperture and am greatly disappointed in Apple. I purchase the Apple 30 inch monitor because it was the best on the market at that time and highly advertised by Apple for on screen proofing.

Now i am about 70 % through processing pictures for an up coming coffee table book called The Nature of Golf.

I have not heard any reply back from Apple.

I feel so &^*(#ed.

Wishing you luck with your scheduled one on one and am interested in what they say.

Gary Weisbrodt

Oct 8, 2015 10:34 AM in response to gjconstructs

I look forward to seeing your post when and if Apple contacts you. Even in my admittedly limited usage of Apple and all its apps have to offer, this much-touted rollout of El Capitan seems to be a failure in many respects. You'd think all those smart people who design the "newer and better" operating systems would actually TRY the operating system out on the apps before launching it. Best of luck with the completion of your book project.

Elyartist

problems with Aperture and OS X El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.