Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes has stopped working- CoreAudioToolbox.dll

Everytime I try to open iTunes, I get "iTunes has stopped working" with this problem signature.

Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
Application Name:iTunes.exe
Application Version:12.3.0.44
Application Timestamp:55f8bec1
Fault Module Name:CoreAudioToolbox.dll
Fault Module Version:7.10.5.0
Fault Module Timestamp:55e61a16
Exception Code:c000001d
Exception Offset:00000000005f9630
OS Version:6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID:1033
Additional Information 1:86a5
Additional Information 2:86a599f99c7c0b061be0ac10bc599c0b
Additional Information 3:666a
Additional Information 4:666ad437ab9d663fefa3336d350d67c1

I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and repairing Bonjour. I don't know what else to do.

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 2:51 PM

3 replies

Oct 3, 2015 4:56 PM in response to higgle50

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version, or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for performance issues, or for compatibility with QuickTime or third party software on 64-bit systems.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

If the issue persists and you have a 64-bit system try the for older video cards version which is a 64-bit installer for mostly 32-bit code, similar to all 64-bit versions of iTunes up to 12.1.

If you've tried the above without success then see the method in Install missing components. What component fails to install, and what error message does it give? See this post for steps to produce detailed logs of the installation which may reveal why iTunes won't install. Look for words like failed or error.

tt2

iTunes has stopped working- CoreAudioToolbox.dll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.