Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

song volume adjustments not saving [iTunes]

When I open up the information for a single song in iTunes and go to the options tab and try to adjust the song volume (volume adjust) it does not save the new location of the slider. So I move the slider, close the information window and open it back up again and it's in the same spot it was before. Song end time (stop) is not affected by this. (So if I change the stop time, close, and open back up it has saved it).

I only noticed this recently when I was listening to something and one of the biggest problem songs that I know I had adjusted the volume on startled me by being way too loud.

Things I have tried so far:

• Restarting itunes
  • Deleting itunes preference files located in Library/Preferences
  • Reinstalling itunes
  • Restarting MacBook

Specs

2011 MacBook Pro 17-inch, late 2011

• 2.4 Ghz Intel Core i7 processor
  • 4GB Memory
  • OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
  • iTunes 12.3.0.44

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 4:30 PM

Apparently I was only having this issue with a few songs. Not sure what the reason was, but the quick fix is to right click the song, then create an AAC version of it. That version allowed me to change and save the volume adjustment.

1 reply

song volume adjustments not saving [iTunes]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.