Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive on iOS devices size limit when emailing

My problem is that I cannot email a large PDF file from my iOS devices using iCloud Drive.

the file was uploaded to iCloud Drive when I had my Mac a few weeks ago. I no longer have that Mac, I only have an iPhone 6s Plus and an iPad. I need to share the PDF file but there doesn't seem to be a way to do so. I can't email because the file size limit is 23mb. When emailing directly from iCloud Drive it makes the chime as the email has been sent with no message saying cannot mail due to size or whatever. The only reason I know the limit is 23mb was because I started a new email and add attachment, then selected the file and send. It then gave me the message that it cannot email because the size exceeds 23mb. It would be nice if iCloud would link the file for the recipient to download.

D anyone know of a workaround to this issue? I'm trying to share a textbook either from my iPhone or iPad which is a PDF file and I no longer have a Mac.

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 2:08 PM

There are no replies.

iCloud Drive on iOS devices size limit when emailing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.