Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Podcast Can't Block Feed because I forgot the filename

Hello everyone,

Problem:

I have a problem that I created myself and see no resolution.

I have had a podcast up running for 5 years, I recently updated the Title and Filename because I needed to change the title text.

I added the <itunes:block>yes</itunes:block> to the old podcast and and uploaded the file to my server.

The next morning I deleted the file from my hard drive (trash can emptied) and from the server. I didn't bother to check the iTunes Store to see if the block had been implemented before deleting the file. I understand that for security reasons iTunes does not make the filename or the xml source code which contains the <atom> self reference available for viewing or editing.

While in iTunes viewing the offending podcast I clicked on "report a concern" and opted to remove the podcast but that was a week ago and it's still showing in the store.

Question:

Now I have two different versions of the same podcast in the iTunes Store where do I go from here?

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 8:58 AM

Actually you can get the URL of a feed perfectly easily once you've subscribed, but as you've removed it from the server that wouldn't help anyway if you want to check the code. However you could reinstate a feed at that URL in order to put the 'block' in place.

Do I gather that you have created a new feed and submitted that as a new podcast, so that now you have two iTunes Store pages? (In fact if you just wanted to change the title all you had to do was change it in the original feed: that would change it in the Store in a couple of days or so and immediately for subscribers).

If you do have two Store pages, you should be able to get the old one removed. Go to https://itunespodcasts.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and click the disclosure triangle at the right of the 'Choose a topic' field - choose 'Remove my podcast' and proceed from there.You will need to give them the URL of the Store page - if you don't know this you can get it by going to your podcast in the iTunes Store within iTunes and control-clicking (Mac) or right-clicking (Windows) on the podcast image, then choosing 'Copy link'.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2015 8:58 AM in response to Larry_G_Robertson

Actually you can get the URL of a feed perfectly easily once you've subscribed, but as you've removed it from the server that wouldn't help anyway if you want to check the code. However you could reinstate a feed at that URL in order to put the 'block' in place.

Do I gather that you have created a new feed and submitted that as a new podcast, so that now you have two iTunes Store pages? (In fact if you just wanted to change the title all you had to do was change it in the original feed: that would change it in the Store in a couple of days or so and immediately for subscribers).

If you do have two Store pages, you should be able to get the old one removed. Go to https://itunespodcasts.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and click the disclosure triangle at the right of the 'Choose a topic' field - choose 'Remove my podcast' and proceed from there.You will need to give them the URL of the Store page - if you don't know this you can get it by going to your podcast in the iTunes Store within iTunes and control-clicking (Mac) or right-clicking (Windows) on the podcast image, then choosing 'Copy link'.

iTunes Podcast Can't Block Feed because I forgot the filename

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.