Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast screen colors

After I updated my iPhone to iOS9.0.2 I noticed that the Podcast screen's list background color is a shade related to the display icon for the podcast title page. In some cases this means I can barely read the text of the titles of individual podcasts. How can I get the screen background color to go back to white?

And as an aside, what 'designer' in his right mind would think that a colored background screen is a good idea? It's unnecessary, purposeless, and annoying.

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 2:29 PM

Yeah. I'm not really sure why anyone would want this option. Luckily, you can turn off this travesty of a feature...

It can be disabled through your general settings. If you go to settings from your home screen, select podcasts from your list of apps, then scroll down and toggle the switch labeled custom colors. Et viola! White background screen, just the way good designers intended.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 2:29 PM in response to Babbette

Yeah. I'm not really sure why anyone would want this option. Luckily, you can turn off this travesty of a feature...

It can be disabled through your general settings. If you go to settings from your home screen, select podcasts from your list of apps, then scroll down and toggle the switch labeled custom colors. Et viola! White background screen, just the way good designers intended.

Mar 16, 2016 4:14 PM in response to Jbibbles

Thanks so much for providing this fix. The Podcasts setting for Custom Colors is under the heading of Accessibility—but I somehow suspect that the grey text on black background that I was seeing in one of my podcasts wouldn't be of much help to someone with visual impairment! I appreciate jbibbles's tip getting this back to grey on white.

Podcast screen colors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.