Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frayed cable magsafe 2

How is it possibile that, after having bought a power supply that costs 75€ in Italy, I have to throw it away for just a frayed cable???????

It makes no sense! You are fooling us! YOU MUST expect a sort of reparation! I CANNOT SPEND 75€ for a cable that costs less than 10€!

Wich is the reason of your choice (except for earning money, sure)? I hope to see my questione answered as soon as possibile.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 9.0.2, Magsafe 2

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 4:42 PM

5 replies

Oct 4, 2015 2:06 AM in response to caprasklero

These break all the time for me. They can often be fixed by carefully cutting away the plastic outer covering, wrapping the frayed region in string and adhesive, and covering with heat shrink tubing. I now have a repaired cable at work, another one at work, and I travel with a good one. For older models, ebay is a good source of used power supplies for much less than the full price (but avoid cheap Chinese copies; they are bad and dangerous).

Frayed cable magsafe 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.