Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove apps

On my macbook air, when i go to the apps icon on the bottom toolbar and then go to purchased, theres a list of apps, some of which are pre-installed, some of which i had previously downloaded to my iPhone, and no longer have on my phone and do not want on my laptop. How do i delete them from my laptop? i can't right click on them, I tried to drag them to the trash and nothing happened, and they are not in my downloaded list. The only options that come up in the list of these purchased apps are download, install, or open.

Please help!

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11), My Mac Air

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 4:41 PM

4 replies

Oct 3, 2015 9:19 PM in response to UMMichelle

Your post is extremely confusing:

• "... when I go to the apps icon on the bottom toolbar ..." --- There is no "Apps" icon. There is no "bottom toolbar". Does "bottom toolbar" mean your dock? Well, there is no "Apps" icon there either. Maybe you mean the App Store,, but I don't think so because ...
  • "... some of which I previously loaded to my iPhone ..." --- You posted this question in the MacBook Air area, so I'm guessing you probably are not referring to iOS apps for the iPhone. But at this point, I really have no idea what you're inquiring about.
  • ... not in my downloaded list." Well, maybe you are talking about iOS apps in the iTunes area, but I really can't tell.

Oct 4, 2015 1:42 PM in response to UMMichelle

If you are looking at something like this:

User uploaded file

• The icon is called "App Store" not "Apps". "App Store" is what you would see if you simply place the cursor over the icon.
  • You are referring to the "Dock" at the bottom, as there is no "bottom toolbar."
  • These are Mac apps. They cannot be "previously downloaded to my iPhone", as the iPhone runs iOS apps while the Mac runs OS X apps.

But anyway, in case I did correctly identify what you're asking about, then you can control-click on any of the rows shown and select "Hide Purchase".

remove apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.