Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deregister ipad, lost apple id and password

I'm trying to help my friend to sell her ipad. However, she doesn't know the appleID and password. Her current ios device uses a different appleid and password, the appleid hint is not helping her remember. I have no idea what it is. even though I helped her to set it up a year ago. 😢

So, at this point, even though it is reset and doesn't have any of her data, we are stuck.

would the AppleStore be of any help?

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 4:01 PM

1 reply

Oct 4, 2015 12:07 AM in response to techproak

That is activation lock : Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

She's tried : If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support ?

If she still can't find it, and if she was the original purchaser of the iPad (i.e. it wasn't bought used) then she could try going to an Apple Store (she should make a Genius Bar appointment if she does) or try contacting iTunes Support online (http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/) and see if they can remove the iPad from the account - they are likely to want to see proof of ownership before they might help e.g. original receipt with the serial number on it

deregister ipad, lost apple id and password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.