Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

9.0.1. Started crashing safari

IS there a remedy for 9.0.1 crashing safari? All was well with 9.0.

iPad, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 5:47 PM

2 replies

Oct 3, 2015 6:14 PM in response to chipnese

Have you tried to force your iPad to restart along with force closing Safari?

To restart, hold down the sleep and home keys for about 20 seconds. When you see the silver apple, let go and let it reboot

To force close Safari, double tap the home button. You'll see the 'pages' of your open apps on the screen. Flick the one for safari up and off the screen to close the app. Then single tap the home button to exit the mode

Try safari again

Oct 4, 2015 9:26 PM in response to Skydiver119

I am having a similar issue with my iPhone 6s plus. After updating to 9.0.2 an hour ago, my ibooks, calander, mail and maps, contacts and camera (most Apple) apps no longer crash after 6 seconds. Safari is the only app (that I have noticed so far) that is still crashing. I'm not having any issues on my older iPad (MD370LL/A) Also, my future ex husbands 6s seems to be fine.

Maybe I will just have to download a different browser?

Total random rant: What's the deal with all the updates from Apple lately? I tossed all my Windows crap about 6 years ago because of the almost daily updates, the ever so annoying security updates and the even more annoying hot fixes for previous hot fixes. I feel as though pretty soon Apple will have as many updates as Microsoft. I received my 6s plus on the 25th and have already had two updates in 9 days. Starting to become annoying.

OK done with rant.

9.0.1. Started crashing safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.