Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

rental movie is not starting on apple tv from iPad

rental movie is not starting on apple tv from iPad. Have airplay on for the iPad, the Apple TV sees mirroring. It is not starting. What is my problem?

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 4:55 PM

5 replies

Oct 6, 2015 10:19 AM in response to vazandrew

Yes the movie was fully loaded on the iPad. It had 12 days remaining. I rented it on the iPad and tried to watch it on the HDTV. When I mirror my laptop or iOS device to the TV I have the TV input to to the same HDMI port. When attempting to watch it on the TV I put on the Airplay, selected mirroring which turned on, I selected the rental, pushed the play button. Would go on the movie for an instant and then disengage the Airplay mirroring and do nothing. Actually the screen on the iPad would show a movie ticker countdown and the screen had a statement that it was playing on the TV. Nope. They are on the same network.

So I'm going to try it again very soon. I theorize that I might have still had the netflix channel on and that might have interfered. I may have to only go through the main Apple TV menu. I'll get back with results. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks for the question and sorry about my delay in responding.

rental movie is not starting on apple tv from iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.