Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I solve arbitrary packet loss?

my internet has been terrible on this computer since I got it about two months ago (refurbished, not new). It will work fine between like.. 7PM to 2AM but other than that I get maybe 11-40 packets a second with occasional spikes up to the 800-900 range (which is what it should be). Other computers and devices on the network are all working fine, but this one just won't. It spikes to about 200 or so when I first open an application that requires internet, but then just dies out again. Anyone have a fix?

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 6:13 PM

1 reply

Oct 4, 2015 12:26 AM in response to Khaz24

Everything you know about your computer and network we need to also know..

At this time we know your refurbished computer is having trouble.

It seems to have issues at certain times.. between 2AM to 7PM.. and is fine between 7PM to 2AM which is kind of the opposite to what I would expect.

What I need to know is

What broadband do you have?

What modem? What router?

Is this new(ish) computer a Mac? If so what OS?

Is this new(ish) computer using wireless for network? If possible can you plug it in by ethernet and does the problem stop?

How many other computers and devices are using the internet?

If you shut down the modem/router.. and all devices.. then restart the modem/router plus the new(ish) computer and only that one.. does it work ok?

If it doesn't work ok.. can you remove the router and plug directly into the modem?

I am sure I have several more questions as we go along but that is a good start.

How do I solve arbitrary packet loss?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.