Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting REMOTE APP on iPhone or iPad to iTunes

Says something about a "remote tab". Home sharing is enabled. I have the latest versions of all items. So where the FFF is the "remote tab"?

iPhone 5, most recent update

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 5:48 PM

5 replies

Oct 4, 2015 5:10 AM in response to Rysz

The first thing that happened when I activated my remote app on my iPhone was that a 4 digit code came up and then referred me to iTunes (on Mac). It said to click the remote tab. There is no remote tab in iTunes. I have found other discussions about this in the past with no answer that worked for me. I cannot get the exact wording for the command any more since all that I see now on my iPhone is a greyed out reference to my iTunes library, presumably because I wasn't able to find the tab and enter the 4 digit code.😠

Oct 4, 2015 8:50 AM in response to ajp62

Pair Remote with an iTunes library

1. Tap Remote on your device’s Home screen.
  2. Tap Add an iTunes Library.A 4-digit code appears.
  3. Open iTunes on your computer and click the Remote button User uploaded file near the top left of the iTunes window.
  4. Type the 4-digit code.iTunes pairs the library on your computer with the Remote app on your device.

iTunes 12 for Mac: Use the Remote app to control your iTunes library

iTunes 11 for Mac: Use the Remote app to control your iTunes library

Connecting REMOTE APP on iPhone or iPad to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.