Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 9:number not highlighted on missed call if more than one number stored in a contact

Hi,

I am facing issue after upgrading to IOS 9, cant't say it is after IOS 9 or IOS 9.1.

I have Iphone 5s. If multiple numbers are stored under a contact name and if you receive missed call from that contact then if you try to see the details of that contact by clicking rounded i symbol in front of the contact, you will not see any number highlighted in blue, so you cannot judge the missed call came from which number.

It started in IOS 9 only,or may be after IOS 9.1 but before that it was good and we can see the highlighted number.

I connected with Apple support chat and they are not able to resolve this, i tried resetting the phone and also restoring the phone but that did not worked.

Also as per apple it is good with all other people and not an ios 9 issue. So they asked me for a fresh installation, i did that too but it did not worked.

so i want to know first is: IS everybody on lates ios 9,1 facing the same issue?? or is it only me??

And what can be done to resolve this.

Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 8:02 PM

20 replies

Oct 20, 2015 8:34 PM in response to tipurmadan

Same thing here, and it's quite disappointing.

I don't know if they've abandoned highlighting the missed call, which wouldn't seem to make much usability sense. It does, however, show which number, ie: home, work, mobile, etc. But if you have a friend who, for instance calls from various other people's mobile phones, and so there are like 10 mobile numbers stored, it's absolutely impossible to distinguish. This is frustrating when I need to just reply with a quick text.

Would hardware or phone service provider affect this? I've got an iPhone 5C, and Sprint is the provider. I wouldn't think this would matter, but I throw that out there in case we can find a pattern.

Hopefully Apple recognizes this problem (I'm surprised more complaints haven't surfaced).

Oct 20, 2015 9:39 PM in response to Fritz12534

Yes the alternative which apple has provided is showing tags like home, work, mobile etc.

And to your question about hardware or service provider: no it is not related to hardware or service provider, i have checked same in iphone 5s, 4s,6 and 6s with At&T and T mobile and H2oWireless. I got all this information from my friends to whom i asked to check.

apple should provide something to resolve this if they know that it is frustating for user, I dont know the way how to tell this to Apple.

And regarding your issue that if you have more than 10 numbers stored for a contact, You need to use your custom tags, instead of work, home, mobile etc you can create your own numbers of tags as much you want, So that will be temporary solution.

and also is there any information about apple next IOS??

Oct 21, 2015 6:50 AM in response to tipurmadan

The same story for me on severals gadgets. That was a really wrong decision to kill this feature. It was very usable.

I've called to apple support, they said - yes, now it's working without highlighting!

BUT I still have several contacts where this feature is working. I'm confused.

I've asked theme to give me a contact where I can send screenshots, but they said that did not have this possibility (security reasons).

Good bye.

That is the grate support from grate Apple. I'm crying. 😢

Oct 21, 2015 7:06 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Having the number highlighted is sooooo much easier and user friendly, even if it does identify "work", "home", etc.

Again though, the big difficulty is where a contact has multiple numbers under the same category, such as "mobile", where I need to fire off a text. For this situation, which for some users is common, it is completely impossible. Huge fail. Why not have the number highlighted?

Nov 4, 2015 1:34 PM in response to Vini Grett

Hi Vini

Yes for several contacts it is working. What i noticed is that if your contact is stored without Country COde like +1, then it is showing as highlighted else not.

And also this is not happening for all contacts which are stored without country code but still it is happening to some of those contacts which are stored without country code and not working for any contacts stored with Country codes.

I know that will not help but just to resolve some of your confusion.

IOS 9:number not highlighted on missed call if more than one number stored in a contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.