Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I reinstall iMovie onto my iMac

Hi, my children had a play with iMovie, and now there sounds option has gone from the left panel. How can I reinstall to start this over, as I'm not sure what else is missing etc. I have tried going to Mac App Support, but if I try and install it again, it just opens up iMovie in the state it is now. I don't have an install disc either. Wondering if I can completely delete it off my hard drive, and then be able to reinstall it from Mac App Support? Would that work?

Many thanks in advance!

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 6:26 PM

1 reply

Oct 3, 2015 6:40 PM in response to catherinefromcanterbury

I'm not sure what you mean by "mac app support" - apps are downloaded from the Mac App Store (which is an app in your Applications folder). If you've purchased it previously, then it should be available in your Purchases section. You can download it again from there. I would delete the current version (do not empty trash yet until you know the new install works as expected).

Also, when you post a question, it is very difficult to provide any help without knowing important details: your Mac model/year and your OS version as well as the app (iMovie) version and how you obtained it.

How can I reinstall iMovie onto my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.