Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto not Installed, but wants to update? Photos App is Installed

I installed a couple of updates this afternoon and one of them came back with a message stating that "this item is temporarily unavailable". When I went and saw which one did not install, it ended up being iPhoto (which is not even installed on my Mac).

I have an iMac Early 2008 running Yosemite. I believe that one of the updates to Yosemite replaced iPhoto with the Photos app.

It looks like the update was from back in March, but this is the first time that I am seeing it. Does anyone know why this would have popped up all of the sudden and if I can somehow get it to go away?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2015 8:16 PM

When you updated to Yosemite, Photos was installed and added to the Dock, but iPhoto is still in your Applications folder.

If all your files from iPhoto migrat d successfully to Photos, you can delete the iPhoto application and its iPhoto Library file.

2 replies

iPhoto not Installed, but wants to update? Photos App is Installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.